Enjoying a treehouse UK holiday with us here at Quality Unearthed, would be just one of the many ways that you can participate in National Cut Your Energy Costs Day, which takes place annually on January 10th.
If you are unfamiliar with National Cut Your Energy Costs Day, which has a rather self-explanatory title, the basic idea is to encourage people to look for ways to reduce energy costs, and save on their energy bills, something us eco-lovers take a keen interest in.
As is the case with many things, it’s often the small changes or tweaks that we make that can help on the whole. And in this case you can do a number of small things that will enable you to save big money on your energy bills if you aren’t able to take advantage of a glamping trip this weekend. We’ve listed a host of examples for you to see below:
- Weatherproof your home
- Replace old windows with new energy-efficient windows
- Replace old furnace with new energy-efficient furnace
- Run dishwasher and washing machine only when fully loaded
- Lower water heater temperature
- Take shorter showers
- Unplug unused appliances
- Car share whenever possible
- Properly maintain furnace
- Use solar heat if possible
- Turn down thermostats
- Turning off lights when leaving a room
- Use energy-efficient compact fluorescent light bulbs
By taking advantage of the tips above, in accordance with some of the ones that you may already use or be aware of, you will be able to move forward from the official calendar day reserved for energy saving awareness and eventually save money for your home and family on a daily basis.
Keep an eye out for the hashtag #CutYourEnergyCostsDay on social media for more tips, guidance and advice, and if you have any great ideas you think people might benefit from, why not share them using the hashtag, too?