We found the coolest idea for not only filling your time doing something fun on your luxury camping UK holiday but to get the most out of enjoying the local fruits and herbs by taking advantage of this novel pastime courtesy of The Yummy Life. Forget fizzy drinks and juices because you will be blown away with these refreshing, individual and healthy flavours!
Subtle flavours minus the sweetness
These aren’t like the sweet water-floured drinks you can get in the shops, so you don’t need to worry about drinking water that is overpowered by that sweet taste. This is water with subtle flavours delicately infused into it. A touch of natural flavour on these hot summer days while you’re relaxing on your holiday will be amazing! Imagine kicking back after picking berries or herbs while you’re in your glamping Wales destination.
Fruit & Herb Flavoured Water
Servings: 6-8 servings
- Fruit -2 cups berries, citrus, melons, pineapple…most fruits will work.
- Herbs- a sprig of mint, basil, sage, rosemary, tarragon, thyme, or lavender
- Water (tap or filtered)
Supplies needed: a jar with a lid or a jug; muddler or wooden spoon
General formula for whatever fruit/herb combo you desire.
1. If using herbs, add a sprig of fresh herbs to jar/pitcher; press and twist with muddler or handle of wooden spoon to bruise leaves and release flavour; don’t pulverize the herbs into bits.
2. Add approx. 2 cups of fruit to jar/pitcher; press and twist with muddler or handle of wooden spoon, just enough to release some of the juices
3. Fill jar/pitcher with ice cubes.
4. Add water to top of jar/pitcher.
5. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Suggested flavour combinations:
ALL CITRUS (no herbs) – Slice 1 orange, 1 lime, 1 lemon into rounds, then cut the rounds in half. Add to jar and proceed with muddling, add ice & water.
RASPBERRY LIME (no herbs) – Quarter 2 limes; with your hands, squeeze the juice into the jar, then throw in the squeezed lime quarters. Add 2 cups raspberries. Muddle, add ice & water.
PINEAPPLE MINT – Add a sprig of mint to the jar (you can throw in the whole sprig; or, remove the leaves from the sprig, if you prefer to have the mint swimming around and distributing in the jar). Muddle the mint. Add 2 cups pineapple pieces, muddle, add ice & water.
BLACKBERRY SAGE – Add sage sprig to jar and muddle. Add 2 cups blackberries; muddle, add ice & water.
WATERMELON ROSEMARY – Add rosemary sprig to jar & muddle. Add 2 cups watermelon cubes; muddle, add ice and water.