We found the coolest idea, not only for something to do as a fun activity while you’re on your luxury camping UK holiday, but also to get the most out of enjoying the local fruits and herbs by taking advantage of this novel pastime courtesy of The Yummy Life. Forget fizzy drinks and juices because you will be blown away with these refreshing, individual and healthy flavours!
Subtle Flavours Minus the Sweetness
These aren’t like the sweet water-floured drinks you can get in the shops, so you don’t need to worry about drinking water that is overpowered by that sweet taste. This is water with subtle flavours delicately infused into it. A touch of natural flavour on these hot summer days, while you’re relaxing on your holiday, will be amazing! Imagine kicking back after picking berries or herbs while you’re in your glamping Wales destination.
Fruit & Herb Flavoured Water
Servings: 6-8 servings
- Fruit. Two cups of berries, citrus, melons, pineapple; most fruits will work, so pick what you like.
- Herbs. A sprig of mint, basil, sage, rosemary, tarragon, thyme, or lavender.
- A jar with a lid or a jug.
- muddler or wooden spoon.
The general formula for whatever fruit/herb combo you desire is as follows:
1. If you choose to use herbs, add a sprig of fresh herbs to jar/pitcher; press and twist with muddler or handle of wooden spoon to bruise leaves and release flavour; don’t pulverize the herbs into bits as this will leave you bitter flavours.
2. Add approximately two cups of fruit to jar/pitcher. Press and twist with muddler or handle of wooden spoon, just enough to release some of the juices
3. Fill jar/pitcher with ice cubes.
4. Add water to the top of your jar/pitcher.
5. Cover and refrigerate for up to up to three days.
If you’re looking for inspiration, take a look at a handful of our favourite flavour combinations:
ALL CITRUS (no herbs)
Slice 1 orange, 1 lime, 1 lemon into rounds, then cut the rounds in half. Add to jar and proceed with muddling, add ice & water.
RASPBERRY LIME (no herbs)
Quarter two limes with your hands, squeeze the juice into the jar, then throw in the squeezed lime quarters. Add two cups raspberries. Muddle, add ice & water.
Quarter two limes with your hands, squeeze the juice into the jar, then throw in the squeezed lime quarters. Add two cups of raspberries. Muddle, add ice & water.
Add a sprig of mint to the jar (you can throw in the whole sprig or, remove the leaves from the sprig if you prefer to have the mint swimming around and distributing its flavour in the jar). Muddle the mint. Add two cups of pineapple pieces, muddle, add ice and water.
Add a sage sprig to jar and muddle. Add two cups blackberries; muddle, add ice and water.
Add rosemary sprig to jar & muddle. Add two cups watermelon cubes; muddle, add ice and water.
Here's a list of other related categories that you may wish to discover.Reference