In the UK, there is no denying that recycling and being more environmentally conscious is a much more common theme nowadays. This is great news for all concerned, and particularly for the preservation of our planet.
There is a reason why the appeal of going on a luxury camping UK break in a region that is lush in natural beauty is so alluring for us, and without the perseverance of ever-improving recycling methods and developments in the sector it would only be a matter of time before these locations become extinct.
Thankfully, there are many people making things better, but how much do you know about recycling and how effective it is? We’ve put together a number of statistics for you to have a look at below. If you like what you see, why not share them on social media, or let us know what you think?
Recycling provides an excellent way of saving energy and conserving the environment, and we have 10 facts to back this up:
1. A mere one recycled plastic bottle would save enough energy to power a 60-watt light bulb for 180 minutes (3 hours).
2. A recycled glass bottle saves enough energy to power a computer for 25 minutes.
3. Just one recycled tin can would save enough energy to power a television for up to three hours.
4. A massive 70% less energy is needed in the process of recycling paper in comparison to producing it from raw materials.
5. On average, 60% of the rubbish that finds its way into the dustbin could have been recycled.
6. As much as 80% of a vehicle can be recycled!
7. The unreleased energy contained in the average dustbin each year could power a television for 5,000 hours.
8. On average, 16% of the money UK residents spend on a product pays for the packaging, which, at the end of the day, ends up as rubbish.
9. Up to 50% of waste in the average household dustbin could be composted.
10. 9 out of 10 people state that they would recycle more if it were made easier.