There aren’t many things more satisfying than getting back indoors after a country walk with friends or a loved one after exploring nature from the warmth of your winter coat, scarf and hat, and cupping a delicious mug of homemade mulled cider fresh off the stove.
Whether you’re in the comfort of our UK cabin holidays accommodation with us here at Quality Unearthed, or you’re at home, you can get stuck into this easy-to-make recipe that you can produce in batches throughout the festive season for yourself, and to impress your friends when they come over to share in the festive spirit!
Take a look below to see just how you can make this scrumptious apple-based beverage that serves between eight and 10 people:
You will need the following:
- Clove-studded apples
- Dark Rum
The above ingredients will give you the ideal combination to make a mulled cider recipe that is truly irresistible!
Prep time should be no more than half an hour, depending on if your dancing around to Christmas songs or not, and cooking will take between 10 and 30 minutes.
Exact ingredients needed:
- 3½pts/2L dry cider or fresh apple juice
- 2 apples studded with cloves
- 5-6 allspice berries
- 4-6 cinnamon sticks
- zest of 1 orange
- dark rum (optional)
- slices of apple for garnish
How to mulled cider:
- Stick all of the ingredients in to a large saucepan
- Allow to simmer away gently for 30 minutes, remembering not to let your mulled cider come to the boil.
- Once the 30 mins is up, decant the tasty beverage to a heatproof bowl, flask, or just leave in the pan (off the heat, of course).
- Ladle your warm cider into mugs.
- Garnish with red or green apple slices to serve.
- Get comfy, cradle your mug, and enjoy!
- Repeat steps four and six, if required.
Here's a list of other related categories that you may wish to discover.Recipes