Min 7 nights breaks
***Price quoted includes £250 security deposit / Refundable after your holiday***
Mountain retreat farmhouse above Harlech & Shell Island Snowdonia
- A perfect escape from the modern world, this beautifully restored 1700's farmhouse is a unique mountain retreat high above Harlech.
- A glass gable end has French doors opening out onto a patio with views across fern covered Snowdonia hillsides dotted with brilliant crimson foxgloves in the summertime.
- The open plan ground floor has a stylish kitchen, dining area with circular table and smartly furnished lounge area.
- There is also a double en suite bedroom on the ground floor and a galleried double en suite bedroom on the 1st floor.
- Close by - within a short walk is ~Moel y Geifr (1075)~
- The views of Lleyn Peninsula and Snowdonia on the way to The Old Farmhouse are unforgettable.
Snowdonia Mountain retreat convenient for Harlech Town, Castle, Beaches & Portmeirion
- Harlech town with its magnificent castle just 5 miles away has a good range of local amenities including interesting independent shops, Spar, bank, post office, internet cafe, chemist, health centre and a filling station.
- Walk up to two beautiful lakes - weekly fishing permits are available (3 days notice please and at a cost of £20 per week payable to the owner) - enjoy amazing panoramic views of Cardigan Bay, Lleyn Peninsula and the Snowdon mountain range.
- Beyond the lakes is a circle of standing stones, a direct link to prehistoric and mystical times.
Please Note: The old Farmhouse can also be rented with Moel y Geifr (sleeps 7).
Check-in - 4.30pm / Check -out - 10am
- Harlech's huge sweeping sandy beach with stunning views of the Lleyn Peninsula and Snowdon and a backdrop of the majestic castle is nearby.
Royal St Davids Golf Club Harlech
- The Royal St Davids Golf Club Harlech is Wales's second best golf course, is on your doorstep and across the bay beyond Porthmadog is the pretty village of Borth y Gest with lovely secret little coves.
- Portmeirion and the Ffestiniog Narrow Gauge Railway are amongst many local attractions and the Welsh Highland Railway's dramatic ride through the mountains - surely one of Britain's greatest train journeys between Caernarfon and Porthmadog (new 2010).
Nannau Park & Garden, Nannau between Dolgellau & Llanfachreth
- An 18th C landscaped park, deer park, woodland walk, kitchen garden and ponds.
Porthmadog Harbour Town
- Porthmadog is a town steeped in maritime history. Do visit the fascinating Maritime Museum. At either end of the town are the Ffestiniog Railway and Welsh Highland Railway. Choose between a scenic heritage tour through Snowdonia countryside travelling past the mountain village of Beddgelert and the Aberglaslyn Pass to Caernarfon or a mountain tour to Blaenau Ffestiniog where you can visit the Lechwedd Slate Caverns.
Eisteddfa Fishery & Precipice Walk
- Game and coarse fishing for all the family on 5 lakes stocked with carp and trout. Fishing tackle is for sale on site.
- The family friendly 3 mile Precipice Walk takes about one and a half hours. It offers stunning views of the Mawddach estuary and Snowdonia.
Ysgethin Inn, Tal y Bont & Castle & Cottage Retaurant, Harlech
- Once a fulling mill now a country pub serving real ales and good food in the bar, restaurant and on the patio.
- The Castle Cottage, Harlech is a recommended restaurant with a reputation for good food.
Black Rock Llama Trekking, near Black Rock Sands
- Experience the thrill of walking with these beautiful intelligent and gentle creatures. Be sure to book in advance to avoid disappointment. 01766 513 344
Harlech & Portmeirion are close to this mountain retreat holiday cottage in Snowdonia
- Lots to see and do close to this Snowdonia mountain retreat above Harlech town beaches and magnificent castle.
2 Bedrooms sleeping a maximum of 4. 1 Double with four poster Queen bed ensuite (toilet, washbasin & shower cubicle) on the ground floor. 1 Double ensuite (toilet, washbasin & shower cubicle) on the galleried 1st floor.
Kitchen/Dining/Lounge luxury fully fitted kitchen area with wood and slate floors, split level electric double oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, circular dining table seating 4.
Lounge area with log burning stove, 'L' shaped oatmeal coloured settee and matching footstool, easy chair and footstool, Sky digital TV, radio.
Grounds fully enclosed fenced patio area with garden furniture & barbecue. Bench in the field above to view the sunset.
Please note the lane from the cottage is narrow and very steep in parts.
BREAKAGES DEPOSIT £250.00
Short breaks - No
WiFi - No
Changeover - Saturday
Towels - No
Parking - Yes, ample
Fuel - Electric heating and starter pack of logs inclusive May to September. Outside these dates £40 p/w
Dogs - 2 dogs welcome @ £25 each
Travel cot - Yes, on request
Highchair - Yes